Ceiba College Prep found the program’s elusive first-ever win, beating Kirby Prep 50-44 on Wednesday night in Pacific Coast Athletic League Arroyo division action at E.A. Hall Middle School.
Jarrod Garcia flirted with a triple-double in the victory, finishing with 13 points, seven rebounds and eight assists to go along with three steals.
Jesse Franco scored a team-high 22 points and also hauled in five boards for Ceiba (1-7, 1-7), which play Pacific Collegiate School at Santa Cruz High tonight at 7 p.m.
In other boys’ basketball action from Jan. 24-30:
• Pajaro Valley 47, at Stevenson 45 - Christian Quintero poured 23 efficient points to lead the Grizzlies to a PCAL-Cypress win on Tuesday.
Quintero also had four rebounds, three assists, three steals and a block.
• At St. Francis 53, Seaside 49 - Andrew Seymour drained five 3-pointers to help the Sharks hold off the Spartans in a PCAL-Mission win on Tuesday.
Jake Taylor added 15 points and seven rebounds, and E.J. Kelly finished with 11 points and four steals.
• At Aptos 66, S.L.V. 33 - Hunter Matys and Shane Modena scored 13 points apiece in the Mariners’ Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League win on Tuesday.
Logan Feldbrugge added 11 points for Aptos (13-10, 7-2), which closes out its regular season tonight at home against Harbor at 7 p.m.
• Pajaro Valley 51, at Soledad 35 - Quintero had 22 points, three rebounds and four assists, and Bryan Gallardo finished with 11 points, five rebounds and three assists in the Grizzlies’ PCAL-Cypress win on Jan. 25.
• At Watsonville 51, King City 48 - Isaac Fernandez scored 13 points, and Lucas Ruiz nearly matched him with 12 — all coming on 3-pointers — in the Wildcatz’s PCAL-Santa Lucia division win on Jan. 25.
• At Alvarez 81, St. Francis 52 - The Eagles broke open the PCAL-Cypress showdown with a 12-2 run at the end of the first half and cruised to a win over the Sharks on Jan. 25.
Seymour and Kelly scored 16 points apiece for St. Francis.