Pajaro Valley secured its first win of the season on Wednesday night, beating Palma 2-1 in Pacific Coast Athletic League Mission action.
Kevin Rincon and Alan Bedolla scored for Pajaro Valley (1-8-1, 1-4).
The Grizzlies host Gonzales on Monday at 6:45 p.m.
• St. Francis 5, Oakwood 1 - Joey Corenti and Sean Farley scored two goals apiece in the Sharks’ PCAL-Santa Lucia win on Wednesday.
Cesar Sanchez also scored for St. Francis (3-4, 3-3), which plays at York today at 3:30 p.m.
• MVC 3, Seaside 0 - Johnny Brinton, Malcolm Medina and Bob Chavez scored in the Mustangs’ PCAL-Cypress win on Wednesday.
Brinton also made three saves for M.V.C. (3-6-1, 1-0).
The Mustangs play at Pacific Collegiate School tonight at 5:45 p.m.
• Ceiba 14, Trinity 0 - Diego Padilla scored six goals and dished three assists, Albert Bernardino added four goals and an assist and the Spartans cruised to a PCAL-Santa Lucia win Wednesday.
David Romo scored twice and made five assists, and Abram Gonzalez scored once and produced four assists.
Ceiba (6-2-1, 5-1-1) travels to Stevenson on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
• Soledad 2, NMC 0 - North Monterey County fell in its PCAL-Gabilan opener on Tuesday.
• York 5, Ceiba 3 - The Spartans suffered their first PCAL-Santa Lucia loss of season on Monday despite Diego Padilla’s two goals and one assist.
David Romo also scored for Ceiba.
• Watsonville 3, Kapolei 1 - The Wildcatz completed their trip to Hawaii with a victory on Jan. 5.
• Ceiba 8, St. Francis 1 - Diego Padilla scored three goals and made three assists, Abram Gonzalez added three more scores and Ceiba cruised to a PCAL-Santa Lucia win on Jan. 4.
David Romo and Roy Sanchez also scored for Ceiba.
LINE OF THE WEEK (Jan. 3-9)
• Diego Padilla, Ceiba - Scored six goals and made three assists against Trinity on Wednesday.
UPCOMING GAME OF THE WEEK (Jan. 11-17)
• Ceiba at Pacific Grove; Jan. 17, 4 p.m. - The top two teams of the PCAL-Santa Lucia clash for the second time.