Jayleen Solorzano and the Pajaro Valley girls’ basketball team keep breaking records.
Solorzano notched her 10th game of the season with 30 or more points, and the Grizzlies reset their program record for most points in a single game in a 72-23 rout of host Gonzales on Wednesday night.
Solorzano, who leads the state in scoring, according to the stats kept on maxpreps.com, had 31 points and 11 assists in Pajaro Valley’s seventh straight victory, also a program record.
The Grizzlies improved to 14-4 overall and 4-0 in Pacific Coast Athletic League Santa Lucia division action. A win tonight at home against Pacific Collegiate School would tie the program record for most league wins in a single season, which was set during the 2014-15 season.
Michelle Ibarra added 23 points, eight rebounds, three steals and three assists, while Alexandra Romero chipped in 10 rebounds, five points and two steals.
In other girls’ basketball action from Jan. 17-23:
• At NMC 37, Alisal 36 - The Condors edged the Trojans in PCAL-Mission play on Tuesday.
• At MVC 61, Gilroy 35 - Madison Hill had 18 points, 10 rebounds and three steals for the Mustangs in a PCAL-Gabilan win on Tuesday.
Aleah Rafat chipped in 10 points and eight rebounds, and Paloma Ramirez added 11 points, five rebounds and four assists.
• Christopher 62, at Watsonville 45 - Ruby Galvan scored 14 points in the Wildcatz’s PCAL-Mission loss on Tuesday.
• At St. Francis 40, Pacific Grove 38 - Janessa Yniguez poured in 25 points to lead the Sharks over the Breakers on Tuesday in PCAL-Cypress play.
Tanya Gallo contributed seven points and Mariah Lyle swished a pair of clutch 3-pointers.
• Aptos 58, at Scotts Valley 39 - Natalia Ackerman (18), Hannah Hocom (12) and Gabby Giuffre (10) all scored in double figures for the Mariners on Tuesday in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League action.
Aptos (16-5, 7-0) can clinch at least a share of the SCCAL title with a win tonight at Soquel.
Tip-off is set for 5:30 p.m.
• St. Francis 53, at King City 48 - Yniguez had 24 points, Gallo added 15 and the Sharks held off a late surge for a PCAL-Cypress win on Jan. 18.
• At Pajaro Valley 53, Greenfield 34 - Solorzano had 28 points, six steals, five rebounds and three assists in the Grizzlies’ PCAL-Santa Lucia win on Jan. 18.
Michelle Ibarra added 15 points and eight rebounds for Pajaro Valley.
• Aptos 73, at Santa Cruz 17 - Ackerman finished with 31 points, 12 rebounds, seven steals, three blocks and three assists in the Mariners’ SCCAL win on Jan. 18.
• At Ceiba 36, Pac Point 33 - Fenesia Braga swished four 3-pointers and rejected three shots to lead the Spartans to a PCAL-Arroyo win on Jan. 17.
• At San Benito 48, MVC 25 - The Mustangs’ offense sputtered in a PCAL-Gabilan loss in Hollister on Jan. 17.
Mackenzie Tellez had six points in the loss.
• At Alisal 49, Watsonville 24 - Galvan scored 12 points in the Wildcatz’s PCAL-Mission loss on Jan. 17.
LINES OF THE WEEK (Jan. 17-23)
• Natalia Ackerman, Aptos - Had 31 points, 12 rebounds, seven steals, three blocks and thee assists against Santa Cruz on Jan. 18.
• Jayleen Solorzano, Pajaro Valley - Had 31 points and 11 assists against Gonzales on Wednesday.
UPCOMING GAME OF THE WEEK (Jan. 25-31)
• Aptos at Soquel; Jan. 25, 5:30 p.m. - The Mariners play the rival Knights with a chance to clinch no worse than a share of their second consecutive SCCAL crown.