The Watsonville Wildcatz scored a 3-0 win over host King City on Wednesday night to keep pace with the leaders of the Pacific Coast Athletic League Mission division.
Nayeli Jimenez scored two goals and Elyanna Magdaleno scored the other.
Watsonville (7-4, 4-1) hosts Greenfield tonight at 6:45 p.m.
• M.V.C. 2, Soledad 0 - Jana Komposch and Caroline Sullivan each scored a goal to lead the Mustangs to a PCAL-Cypress win on Tuesday.
Polina Oglesby made six saves.
• St. Francis 1, Pacific Grove 0 - Ashley Raich set up McKenna Bedolla for the game’s lone goal in the Sharks’ PCAL-Cypress win on Tuesday.
• Ceiba 4, York 2 - Nellie Rubio-Pintor and Alexia Carrisales each scored a pair of goals for the Spartans in their PCAL-Santa Lucia victory on Tuesday.
• Aptos 2, SLV 0 - Aubree Westjohn scored off an assist from Jazmin Castaneda in the Mariners’ SCCAL win on Tuesday.
• N.M.C. 3, Gilroy 2 - Maria Ramirez scored two goals and dished an assist in the Condors’ PCAL-Gabilan victory on Tuesday.
Victoria Cardoza also scored for N.M.C.
• Watsonville 1, North Salinas 0 - Andrea Estanquero scored the game’s lone goal to lift the Wildcatz over the Vikings in PCAL-Mission play on Monday.
LINE OF THE WEEK (Jan. 3-9)
• Maria Ramirez, N.M.C. - Scored two goals and dished an assist for the Condors against Gilroy on Tuesday.
UPCOMING GAME OF THE WEEK (Jan. 11-17)
• Aptos vs Soquel; Jan. 17, 7 p.m. - The Mariners host the Knights in a battle of SCCAL powers. Soquel last season halted Aptos’ 41-game unbeaten streak against league opponents, handing the eventual SCCAL champion its only league loss of the season.