The Cubs beat the Rays 16-5 in the opening round of the Pajaro Valley Little League Majors playoffs on Saturday.
Izzy Acosta scored three runs and Adam Martinez crossed home plate four times for the Cubs. Miguel Orozco singled, homered and drove in four runs. Nate Bagchee and Anthony Smith doubled.
Jacob Martinez hit a pair of singles for the Rays.
• Braves 13, Astros 2 - Christian Magana scored three runs and tossed five innings of two-hit ball with 10 strikeouts in the Braves’ 13-2 win over the Astros in the first round of the Pajaro Valley Little League Majors playoffs on Saturday.
Nathaniel Arreola hit a pair of singles and had three RBIs for the Braves. Aidan Sabatino has two singles, a double and three RBIs and Nicholas Teixeira doubled.
Adrian Casillas doubled for the Astros.
• Padres 14, Athletics 4 - Tobias Perkowski and Arath Fernandez both singled and doubled while combining for seven RBIs in the Padres’ 14-4 win over the Athletics in the first round of the Pajaro Valley Little League Majors playoffs on Saturday.
Isaac Garcia singled and doubled, Issac Urbina doubled and Edgar Ramirez also doubled while bringing home two runs.
• Orioles 10, Pirates 7 - The Orioles beat the Pirates 10-7 on Thursday in Pajaro Valley Little League AAA Minors action.
Samuel Garcia hit a pair of doubles, tripled and scored three runs for the O’s. Issac Lira scored three runs.
Adrian Morgan tripled for the Pirates.
• Red Sox 13, Orioles 1 - Ruben Mora singled, doubled and drove in five runs to lead the Red Sox past the Orioles to a 13-1 Pajaro Valley Little League AAA Minors win on Saturday.
For the Sox, Austin Duque doubled and had three RBIs and Jesse Navarro scored three times.
Andres Arevalos singled and Journey Lorenz scored once for the O’s.
• Mets 10, Yankees 6 - The Mets edged the Yankees 10-6 on Saturday in Pajaro Valley Little League AAA Minors action.
Mason Borrego and Ryan Solorio both singled and scored twice for the Mets.
Nathaniel Aguilar singled and scored once for the Yanks.
• Pirates 13, Cardinals 11 - The Pirates outlasted the Cardinals 13-11 in Pajaro Valley Little League AAA Minors action on Saturday.
Kinan Cruz and Issac Kapadia each hit a single and scored a run for the Pirates.
For the Cards, Brandon Smith had two singles and a double. Zach Gong had three hits. Kyle Barto singled and doubled. Ben Miller hit a pair of singles.