The Watsonville High boys’ soccer team thumped Monterey High, 3-1, in Monterey Bay League Gabilan division action on Thursday night.
Alexis Valenzuela scored a pair of goals, and Angel Luis Hernandez added the third for Watsonville (7-3-1, 1-1-1), which plays at North Monterey County High on Tuesday at 5:45 p.m.
• Aptos 6, Harbor 0 - Paige Dueck scored twice in Aptos High’s Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League shutout win over Harbor High on Thursday night.
Monserrat Hernandez Marquez and Aubree Westjohn each scored a goal and made an assist for Aptos (4-3-2, 2-1).
Maya Pruett and Sophia Audisio also scored a goal, while Jasmine Taylor and Kristen Martin both dished an assist.
• Aptos 70, Harbor 32 - Rashaun Wooden scored 19 points, Logan Feldbrugge added 16 points and the Aptos High Mariners cruised over Harbor High on Wednesday night in SCCAL action.
Blake Welle chimed in with 10 points.
• St. Francis 53, Soquel 42- St. Francis High bounced back from Monday night’s SCCAL loss with a wire-to-wire win on Wednesday night on Soquel High.
Jason Gallo tallied 18 points and 13 rebounds, and Andrew Seymour chipped in 15 points.
Chase Watkins had eight points, eight rebounds and four assists. E.J. Kelly recorded seven points and five assist.
• Pajaro Valley 75, North Salinas 57- Christian Quintero (30), Tony Reyes (17) and Ryan Magbag (16) combined for 63 points in Pajaro Valley High’s MBL-Pacific division win over North Salinas High on Wednesday night.
Reyes also had 10 rebounds, five assists and four steals.
• Watsonville 54, Monterey 34 - Savanah Quintana had 23 points and five assists to power Watsonville High over Monterey High in MBL-Pacific division action on Thursday night.
Julia Vega finished with 11 points, eight rebounds and nine blocks for Watsonville (11-4, 3-0), which travels to Notre Dame-Salinas on Tuesday at 7 p.m.
• San Benito 51, MVC 36 - Mackenzie Tellez had 11 points in Monte Vista Christian’s MBL-Gabilan division loss against San Benito High on Thursday night.
Aleah Rafat and Madison Hill added with six points apiece for M.V.C. (7-8, 0-4), which travels to Salinas High on Tuesday at 7 p.m.
• Soquel 39, St. Francis 33 - Chloe Deleissegues had 13 points and seven steals in St. Francis High’s SCCAL loss to Soquel High on Wednesday night.
Janiya Sevilla chipped in 10 points for St. Francis.
• Aptos 76, Harbor 23 - Behind Natalia Ackerman’s 17 points, seven rebounds, four blocks and four steals, Aptos High coasted to another SCCAL win over Harbor High.
Gabby Giuffre had 18 points and five assists, and Abbi Saxton finished with 10 points, 10 rebounds, seven assists and five steals.
WOMEN’S JC BASKETBALL
• Cabrillo 67, MPC 51 - Pauli Pappas led Cabrillo College past Monterey Peninsula College with 24 points and 20 rebounds in their Coast Conference South division game on Wednesday night.
Lauren Lacy had 18 points and seven assists, and Teal Maixner chimed in with 11 points and three steals.