Riley Croghan scored two goals, Ashley Raich scored and made an assist and the St. Francis High girls’ soccer team improved to 6-0 on the season with a 5-0 preseason win over Anzar High on Thursday evening.
Clare Tershy and Devlyn Gomez also scored for St. Francis, which hosts Seaside High today at 2 p.m.
• Sobrato 1, Aptos 0 - Aptos High finished off its preseason schedule at 2-2-2 overall after its Thursday night loss to Sobrato High on the road.
Aptos is off until it begins Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League play on Jan. 4 at San Lorenzo Valley High.
• Watsonville 62, Marina 12 - Sammy Castro scored a game-high 13 points to pace Watsonville High in its preseason win over Marina High on Wednesday night.
Savanah Quintana added 12 points and six assists for Watsonville (4-2), which welcomes Milpitas High today at 11:30 a.m.
• Pajaro Valley 62, Gonzales 35 - Pajaro Valley High cruised to a preseason victory over Gonzales High on Thursday night.
Michelle Ibarra scored 17 points, Heidi Ibarra added 15 and Jayleen Solorzano contributed 14.
Pajaro Valley (5-3) is off until its Monterey Bay League Pacific division opener at Monterey High on Jan. 2
• St. Francis 59, Burton 39 - Jason Gallo had 22 points and 11 rebounds to lead the St. Francis High Sharks over Burton in the first round of the Balboa Tournament on Thursday night.
E.J. Kelly hit four 3-pointers and finished with 14 points and seven assists, while Andrew Seymour chipped in 12 points.
• Aptos 60, Buhach Colony 51 - Blake Welle poured in 22 points for Aptos High in its win over Buhach Colony High in the second round of the Carmel High tournament on Friday night.
• Antelope 50, Aptos 47 - Blake Welle scored 21 points and grabbed eight rebounds for Aptos High in its loss to Antelope High in the first round of the Carmel High tournament on Thursday night.
Forrest Hays added 11 points and Max Pepperdine chimed in with seven points and five assists.
WOMEN’S JC BASKETBALL
• Cabrillo 69, Bakersfield 46 - Pauli Pappas had 38 points, 14 rebounds, four assists and two steals to lead Cabrillo College past Bakersfield on Friday evening in the Seahawks’ second game of the Monterey Peninsula College Tournament.
Maddy Miller added 11 points, seven rebounds and five blocks and Grace Giguiere chipped in seven points, four rebounds and three assists.
• ARC 70, Cabrillo 56 - Cabrillo College dropped its first game of the Monterey Peninsula College Tournament against American River College on Thursday night.
Pauli Pappas had 16 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks for the Seahawks, while Lauren Lacy added 14 points and Grace Giguiere finished with nine points and eight rebounds.