The St. Francis High wrestling team improved to 3-0 in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League dual meets with a victory over San Lorenzo Valley High on Tuesday night. The final score was 36-36. The Sharks won by criteria, scoring four pins to none.
Roderick Howe (140 pounds), Hunter Blinkenberg (147), Justin Parker (154) and Cory Parker (162) all scored pins for St. Francis, which will try to continue its undefeated season on Wednesday at Harbor High.
• Aptos 46, Harbor 30 - Aptos High recorded seven wins by pin against Harbor High to improve to 3-0 in SCCAL dual meet action on Tuesday.
Eli Galster (108), Luke Keaschall (128), Ryan Braga (140), Marcos Reyes (184), Keegan Dutton-Jones (197), James Platero (222) and Justin Torres (287) all won by pin.
Aptos squares off against Santa Cruz High on Wednesday at Harbor High in a battle of undefeated SCCAL teams.
• Watsonville 1, San Benito 1 - Watsonville High played to a 1-1 tie with San Benito High in Monterey Bay League Gabilan division action on Tuesday night.
Watsonville (8-3-3, 2-1-3) hosts Alisal High on Saturday at 2:45 p.m.
• Alisal 31, Watsonville 29 - The Watsonville High Wildcatz suffered their second consecutive MBL-Pacific division loss on Tuesday night.
Savanah Quintana had 11 points, Evelyn Rios added 10 points and Julisa Vega grabbed 15 boards for Watsonville (11-7, 3-2), which begins its second round of league play on Tuesday against Pajaro Valley High.
• Aptos 62, Santa Cruz 27 - Emma Stefanini (14), Abby Pardue (13), Gabby Giuffre (12) and Natalia Ackerman (10) all scored in double figures for Aptos in an SCCAL win over Santa Cruz.
• St. Francis 78, SLV 41 - Jason Gallo had 31 points, nine rebounds and four assists to lead St. Francis High over San Lorenzo Valley High in SCCAL action on Monday.
Andrew Seymour chipped in 11 points, and Chase Watkins added 10 points and eight rebounds for the Sharks.