Aptos pushed its Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League unbeaten streak to 41 games with a 2-0 victory against San Lorenzo Valley High on Thursday afternoon in Felton.
Monserrat Hernandez Marquez and Gisselle Vasquez scored for Aptos (3-2-1, 1-0) and Maya Pruett dished two assists.
The Mariners return to action on Tuesday at Soquel High at 7 p.m.
• Gilroy 3, Watsonville 2 - Gabby Felix and Denise Corrales scored in Watsonville High’s Monterey Bay League Gabilan division loss to Gilroy High on Wednesday.
• Watsonville 1, Alvarez 1 - The Watsonville High Wildcatz played to a 1-1 tie with the Alvarez High Eagles on Thursday night.
Watsonville (6-3-1, 0-1-1) is off until Jan. 11 when it will host Monterey High at 6:45 p.m.
• Seaside 63, MVC 55 - Mackenzie Tellez scored 22 points in Monte Vista Christian’s Monterey Bay League Gabilan division loss to Seaside High on Thursday night.
Shayna Lebovitz had 10 points and Madison Hill chipped in six for M.V.C. (7-6, 0-2), which hosts North Salinas High on Tuesday at 7 p.m.
• Aptos 61, Santa Cruz 28 - Natalia Ackerman had 15 points, 12 rebounds, 11 blocks, four steals and three assists for the Aptos High Mariners in their Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League win over Santa Cruz High on Wednesday night.
Hannah Hocom finished with 13 points.
• St. Francis 40, SLV 34 - Janiya Sevilla poured in 16 points to lead the St. Francis High Sharks over San Lorenzo Valley High on Wednesday night in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League play.
Chloe Deleissgues added 11 points for St. Francis.
• St. Francis 62, SLV 44 - Chase Watkins had 17 points and seven rebounds in his season debut just in time to help the St. Francis High Sharks open Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League play with a win on Wednesday night over San Lorenzo Valley High.
Jason Gallo continued his solid season with 19 points and nine rebounds and E.J. Kelly finished with an efficient nine points and seven assist. Andrew Seymour added nine points.
• Pajaro Valley 71, Gilroy 51 - Tony Reyes flirted with a triple-double, finishing with 21 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists, in Pajaro Valley High’s Monterey Bay League Pacific division win over Gilroy High on Wednesday night.
Christian Quintero scored 14 points and Jaylen Carreon added nine for Pajaro Valley.
• Santa Cruz 47, Aptos 44 - The Aptos High Mariners dropped their Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League opener to Santa Cruz High on Wednesday night.
Blake Welle had 13 points, Rashaun Wooden chipped in 11 and Max Pepperdine finished with seven.
WOMEN’S JC BASKETBALL
• Cabrillo 73, Hartnell 39 - Pauli Pappas had 20 points, 14 rebounds and three blocks for Cabrillo College in its Coast Conference South win over Hartnell College on Wednesday night.
Teal Maixner (18) and Grace Giguiere (12) also scored in double figures, while Lauren Lacy finished with five points, 14 assists and nine rebounds.