North Monterey County High played itself into a tie for third place in the Monterey Bay League Gabilan division with a 4-2 win over Watsonville High on Thursday night.
With two games left to play, N.M.C. (10-5-2, 5-4-1) and Watsonville (10-4-4, 4-2-4) each have 16 points.
Only the top three teams in the MBL-G will earn an automatic berth into the Central Coast Section playoffs.
The Condors travel to Alisal High on Tuesday at 5:45 p.m, while the Wildcatz host Pajaro Valley High on Tuesday at 6:45 p.m.
WOMEN’S JC BASKETBALL
• Cabrillo 63, Gavilan 44 - Grace Giguiere had 16 points and 13 rebounds, Lauren Lacy added 11 points and 10 assists and Cabrillo College improved to 9-1 in Coast Conference South division action with Wednesday night.
Pauli Pappas chipped in 12 points and seven rebounds for Cabrillo, which is now 19-3 overall and hosts De Anza College on Wednesday night at 5 p.m.
• MVC 47, Palma 45 - The Monte Vista Christian Mustangs knocked off Palma High at home on Wednesday night in MBL-Gabilan division action.
Lucas Schmidt had 12 points, 14 rebounds and six blocks for M.V.C., which has won four straight games entering Friday night’s showdown with North Monterey County High.
Miles Greene’s 31-point performance led the Mustangs to a 57-35 win over Salinas High two weeks ago, and Greene also scored 18 points against San Benito High to power M.V.C. to a 61-37 win.
• Salinas 59, MVC 55 - Mackenzie Tellez scored 17 points and Lauren De Los Santos added 13 in M.V.C’s MBL-Gabilan division loss on Thursday night.
Angel Alcantar finished with eight points and Madison Hill chipped in six for M.V.C. (10-13, 2-9), which travels to North Monterey County High on Tuesday at 7 p.m.
• Alisal 64, Pajaro Valley 63 - Jayleen Solorzano scored 36 points in Pajaro Valley High’s loss to Alisal High on Thursday night in MBL-Pacific division action.
Pajaro Valley (7-13, 1-8) hosts Alvarez High on Tuesday for Senior Night at 7 p.m.
• Yuba 7, Cabrillo 2 - The Cabrillo College Seahawks dropped their second game of the Gary Engleken Tourney to host Yuba College on Friday afternoon.
Cabrillo (2-6) finishes off the tournament today against Feather River College at 11 a.m. before returning home on Tuesday for an afternoon meeting with Delta College at 2 p.m.
• West Valley 3, Cabrillo 2 - Matt Robustelli tossed three solid innings in a relief effort, but it wasn’t enough for Cabrillo College in the first day of the Gary Engleken Tourney in Yuba.
Robustelli struck out seven, and allowed four hits, a walk and no runs in relief of starter Dylan Gordon, who took the loss.
Digger Gugale doubled, while Jackson Driver and Jake Keaschall both scored.