The Pajaro Valley High Grizzlies edged the Watsonville High Wildcatz in girl’s volleyball for the first time since the 2009 season on Tuesday night in Monterey Bay League Pacific division action. The scores were 25-14, 25-13, 23-25, 25-21.
Julie Che had 19 kills and 11 aces, Jaqui Lopez finished with 35 assists, four aces and six kills and Samantha Valdivia added seven aces and seven kills.
P.V. (8-3, 1-1) hosts Monterey High today at 6:30 p.m.
Watsonville (3-5, 1-2), meanwhile, welcomes in Seaside High at the same date and time.
• MVC 3, Christopher 0 - Cassidy Schurman had 14 kills, 18 digs and two aces, Mattea Romo chimed in with four aces and 15 kills and the Monte Vista Christian Mustangs swept the Christopher High Cougars, 25-14, 25-20, 25-20, on Thursday in Monterey Bay League Gabilan division play.
Malou Oostveen added seven kills, Allie Tillery finished with five kills and five blocks and
Abbey Lynch totaled three aces, six kills and a block for M.V.C. (7-5, 2-0), which hosts Salinas High today at 6:30 p.m.
• Mt. Madonna 3, St. Francis 0 - The Mt. Madonna Hawks swept the St. Francis High Sharks, 25-22, 25-11, 25-23, on Tuesday night in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League action.
Mara Peruzzi was all over the place for the Hawks (4-1, 2-1), recording 14 kills, 18 digs, two blocks and three aces. Indigo Kelly made 31 assists, Paola Jacobs had nine kills, five digs and three aces and Gracie Howley added six kills, two blocks and one ace.
Mt. Madonna plays at San Lorenzo Valley High today at 6:30 p.m.
• Aptos 122, Harbor 141 - Megan Eldredge fired a 36 to earn medalist honors in the Aptos High Mariners’ Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League win over Harbor High at Seascape Golf Club on Tuesday.
Gianna Marinshaw (42) and Italia Ricabonna (44) also scored for Aptos (1-0, 1-0).
The Mariners travel to DeLaveaga Golf Course today for a 4 p.m. match against Santa Cruz High.
• Santa Catalina 6, M.V.C. 1 - Kaleigh Bajarin picked up the Monte Vista Christian Mustangs lone win their non-league tennis match against Santa Catalina on Tuesday.
• Aptos 7, St. Francis 0 - Aptos High made quick work of St. Francis in the teams’ Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League match on Tuesday evening.
Mia Totah, Lila and Rebecca Sampson and Molly Mott won their singles matches in straight sets.
The doubles teams of Madison Glynn and Gianna Rovai, Ava Totah and Magdalena Sanchez and Kaitlin Sakae and Amy Buchanan also won their matchs in sweeps.
Aptos (5-0, 3-0) continues its season today at home against San Lorenzo Valley High at 3:30 p.m.
GIRL’S WATER POLO
• Aptos 12, San Lorenzo Valley 6 - Jordan Wagner and Kelly Taylor each four goals and three assists in the Aptos High Mariners’ Monterey Bay League Gabilan division win over San Lorenzo Valley High on Tuesday.
Maya Brosig, Skylar Poulos and Harlow Sairs also scored a goal, while Kaylee Pryor made 10 saves in goal.
Aptos (5-2, 4-0) hosts Carmel High today at 5 p.m.