Aptos High senior Marea Zlatunich won the 1,600- and 3,200-meters at the North Salinas Invitational on Saturday.
Zlatunich ran a winning time of 5 minutes, 19.6 seconds in the 1,600 and cruised to a win in the 3,200 at 11:50.84.
Two of her teammates, Indra Lyons and Miranda Fernandez, also secured wins. Lyons won the 100 hurdles in 17.11, while Fernandez cleared 4 feet, 1/4 of an inch to win the high jump.
Fellow Mariner Annika Niles was second in the 3,200 (12:11.77) and fifth in the 1,600 (5:43.29).
Watsonville High senior Jackie Barocio took third in the triple jump (31-3).
Ceiba College Prep’s sprint medley relay of Yvonne Carrisales, Nicole Lorente, Andrea Gonzalez and Alexia Carrisales finished second (2:28.2).
• Bellucci wins — St. Francis High senior Samantha Bellucci won the high jump (4-11) at the Knights Invitational on Friday at Soquel High.
Bellucci also finished second in the triple jump (35-11) and third in the long jump (14-11.25).
Monte Vista Christian’s Abby Lynch was the runner-up in the high jump (4-7).
Her teammate, senior Genny Jensen, was third in the shot put (26-7).
BOYS TRACK & FIELD
• Matys wins — Aptos junior Hunter Matys (21-0.5) beat teammate Jordan Kadlecek (20-9) for first place in the long jump at the North Salinas Invitational on Saturday.
Kadlecek, a senior, tied for first in the high jump (5-10).
Fellow Mariner Jackson Schenone, a senior, picked up a win in the 1,600 in 4:31.35.
Aptos sophomore Xarius Joseph was second in the 110 hurdles.
Watsonville senior Rolando Llamas was second in the shot put (41-9) and discus (122-1).
• Brierley stars — M.V.C. junior Dan Brierley won the 100 (11.63) and helped the 4x100 relay team win (44.93) at Friday’s Knights Invitational at Soquel High.
Nick Bautista, Andrew Montoya and David Wang were also on the winning relay team for M.V.C., which also had freshman Daniel Castillo finish second in the triple jump (36-9.25) and Wang take second in the 400 (53.31).
• Cabrillo 4, Hartnell 1 — Cabrillo College scored three runs in the fifth inning and held on the rest of the way in a Coast Conference Pacific division win over Hartnell College in Aptos on Saturday.
Michael Hooper and Ryan Juncker each had two hits for Cabrillo. Hooper had two doubles and Junker knocked in a pair of runs.
Jake Keaschall, Kai Moody and Easton Vidales all doubled and scored a run. Moody earned a pair of walks.
James Schwenger (3 innings, 2 hits, 2 strikeouts) earned the win on the bump. Matt Robustelli (3 innings, 4 hits, 1 earned run, 3 strikeouts) notched the save.
JC BEACH VOLLEYBALL
• Cabrillo wins 2 — Cabrillo swept Foothill College, 5-0, and beat West Valley College, 4-1, on Friday in Coast Conference action at Main Beach in Santa Cruz.
The pairs of Mari Molina and Alex Bol, Hayley Hall and Deirdre Wilson, Kendra Lis and Alena Fernandez, and Jolie Samuelson and Ellie Cary all won for Cabrillo (9-1, 5-0) in both matches. Paige Schieferstein and Kylie Kvam swept their match against Foothill, but lost in three against West Valley.
Cabrillo will try to clinch a conference title on Friday at Gavilan College. Their first match, against College of San Mateo, is at 10 a.m.
• St. Francis 4, Alisal 1 — Andrew Seymour had two RBIs and a base hit in the Sharks’ non-league win, their seventh straight, on Friday.
Derric Estrada-Haro, Chase Watkins, Julian Mendoza and Blaise Magana also had a hit for the Sharks (10-3), who return to Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League play on Tuesday at Harbor High at 4 p.m.
Junior Domenic Cordova tossed a three-hitter over six innings for the win.
• Watsonville 4, Alvarez 3 — James Flota had three RBIs, a base hit and a scored run to help Watsonville win its sixth straight Monterey Bay League Pacific division game on Friday.
Dylan Vargas went the distance for the victory.
Watsonville (8-5, 8-3) travels to Santa Cruz High on Wednesday for a 4 p.m. game.
• Gilroy 3, MVC 0 — Garret Laine had a hit for the sixth straight game, but M.V.C. mustered up only two other hits in an MBL-Gabilan division loss on Friday.
M.V.C. (7-12, 3-8) hosts Gilroy Tuesday at 4 p.m.
• Aptos 14, Mendota 4 — David Reckers doubled and hit a homer in the Mariners’ blowout win over Mendota High on Saturday.
Reckers had six RBIs and scored twice. Will Murphy had two hits, two RBIs and three scored runs. Jacob Mendoza had two hits and a scored run.
David Eichhorn (3 innings, 1 hit, 2 runs) secured the win.
Aptos (8-4, 2-1) returns to SCCAL play on Tuesday at Soquel High. First pitch is scheduled for 4 p.m.
• Watsonville notches 3 wins — Watsonville’s Anastacia Alba hit two home runs, two triples and a double over the Wildcatz’s three wins against North Monterey County High, Mills High and Los Gatos High at Saturday’s tournament in Watsonville.
Watsonville beat N.M.C., 12-0, Mills, 12-0, and Los Gatos, 3-1, to improve to 13-1 overall.
Maya Guerrero also homered twice, while Juliana Wilson had two doubles and a triple.
Jessica Rodriguez recorded wins against Los Gatos (6 innings, 2 hits, 1 run, 11 strikeouts) and N.M.C. (2 innings, 6 strikeouts). Daisy Ortiz earned the victory over Mills (5 innings, 1 hit, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts).
Watsonville returns to MBL-G action on Tuesday at home against Salinas High at 4:30 p.m.
• Aptos 3, PCS 2 — Kacey Losik’s third triple-double of the season helped Aptos edged defending SCCAL champion Pacific Collegiate School on Friday night. Losik had 12 digs, 26 kills and 10 assists for Aptos, which won 17-25, 29-27, 16-25, 25-21, 15-10 to remain in first place in the league standings.
Michael Spinelli had 31 assists and four digs. Bryce Edwards added 15 digs and Christian Segura chipped in 21 digs for Aptos, which is 9-1 in league play.
The Mariners continue their league slate on Wednesday at San Lorenzo Valley High at 6:30 p.m.
• MVC goes 2-2 — M.V.C. finished 2-2 at the Baler Classic in Hollister on Saturday.
The Mustangs (11-8) lost to Valley Christian and Palma, but rebounded with wins over Alvarez and Gilroy to take home the bronze division championship.
M.V.C. travels to Soledad High on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
Editor's Note: The Weekend Roundup is an online recap of the local sports action from Friday and Saturday. Results: [email protected]