E.J. Kelly hit four 3-pointers to finish with 20 points, and Jake Taylor recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds in St. Francis’ 66-31 season-opening win over Pacific Point Christian on Wednesday in Watsonville.
Bobby Rigor scored 10 points and Andrew Seymour chipped in seven points and five assists for St. Francis (1-0), which plays at Pacific Collegiate School on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
• M.V.C. 54, Marina 51 (OT) - Mason Beske scored 23 points, Andrew Lee added 17 points and the Mustangs scored a comeback win in overtime over the Mariners on Wednesday night.
M.V.C. continues its season in the Bob Hagen Memorial Tournament at Gilroy High today and Saturday.
• PV 70, King City 49 - Christian Quintero recorded 22 points, eight steals, three rebounds and three assists in the Grizzlies' win over the Mustangs on Tuesday night.
Justin Rodriguez (14) and Brian Chavez (11) also scored in double figures for Pajaro Valley.
Quintero also had a big game in a 76-51 win over San Lorenzo Valley on Dec. 1, pouring in 40 points on 17-of-22 shooting. He also had six rebounds and six steals. Rodriguez provided 17 points in the victory.
• Sobrato 63, Watsonville 54 - Johnny Rodriguez had 16 points in the Wildcatz’s loss on Dec. 1.
Michael Camargo scored 15 points by hitting four 3-pointers for Watsonville, which also notched a 61-43 win over Pacific Collegiate School on Tuesday.
• Aptos 54, Merced 30 - Hannah Hocom and Natalia Ackerman each had 13 points in the Mariners’ win on Monday.
Gabby Giuffre scored 11 points for Aptos, which took third in the Marin Catholic Tournament over the weekend after beating the host Wildcats, 56-41, on Dec. 1.
Hocom scored in double-figures for Aptos in all three games and earned a spot on the all-tournament team.
• Greenfield 40, Ceiba 30 - Summer Hashimoto scored 10 points and Fenesia Braga added five points and 10 blocks in the Spartans’ season-opening loss on Wednesday night.
• St. Francis 63, Pacific Point 27 - Grace Kovacs (15), Tanya Gallo (14) and Janessa Yniguez (12) all finished in double figures for the Sharks in their Wednesday night win.
• Watsonville 64, Anzar 20 - Ruby Galvan and Jennifer Vasquez paced the Wildcatz in their Tuesday night win with 13 and 12 points, respectively.
• NMC 53, SLV 35 - Mikayla Villanueva scored 14 points and grabbed seven rebounds in the Condors’ home opener on Monday.
Ashley Ransome added nine points, and Julie Alvizo recorded eight points and six steals.
• Watsonville 55, SLV 52 (OT) - Rylee Gomez had 15 points and six rebounds, Ruby Galvan added 14 points and six steals and the Wildcatz edged the Cougars in overtime on Nov. 30.
• MVC 46, Scotts Valley 42 - The Mustangs erased a double-digit deficit behind Madison Hill’s 15 points on Nov. 30.
Mackenzie Tellez contributed nine points.
• PV 61, Alvarez 53 - Jayleen Solorzano scored 32 points and made seven steals in the Grizzlies' win on Nov. 29.
Michelle Ibarra added 17 points.
• Aptos 1, Presentation 0 - Jazmin Castaneda scored the game’s lone goal to lead the Mariners over the state-ranked Panthers on Tuesday.
Bella McDaniel had the assist on the score, and Caroline Miller made three saves.
Aptos also played to a 2-2 with Los Gatos on Nov. 29. Olivia Meier and Gisselle Vasquez scored goals for the Mariners.
• Ceiba 2, Pacific Grove 2 - Roman Acosta and Diego Padilla scored goals for the Spartans in their Pacific Coast Athletic League Santa Lucia division tie against the Breakers on Wednesday.
Diego Padilla and Abram Gonzalez scored goals in Ceiba’s 2-1 win over Marina on Monday.
Ceiba (2-1-1, 1-0-1) continues today at Anzar at 5:45 p.m.
• Watsonville 2, Lincoln 1 - Jeal Leal and Andrew Celedon scored goals for the Wildcatz in their win over the Lions in Homestead Christmas Cup action on Dec. 1.
• PV 2, Christopher 2 - Brian Martinez and Moises Cruz scored for the Grizzlies in their tie on Nov. 29.
G LEAGUE BASKETBALL
• Santa Cruz 113, Sioux Falls 102 - The Warriors improved to 10-2 on the season behind Damion Lee and Kendrick Nunn’s combined 56 points on Wednesday night in Santa Cruz.
Lee and Nunn each deposited 28 points. The former also had five rebounds, while the latter provided five boards and four assists off the bench.
Santa Cruz plays the South Bay Lakers tonight in El Segundo at 7 p.m.
• Hoop shoot returns - The annual Elk’s Hoop Shoot free throw competition is set for Saturday at Lakeview Middle School at 9 a.m.
Boys and girls ages 8-13 are eligible for the competition.
For information contact the Elk’s Lodge at 724-2493.
• MVC 2, PCS 1 - Kailey Morrell and Shayna Lebovitz each scored a goal in the Mustangs’ win on Nov. 28.